Friday 1 May 2009

The cobra...

Many of you know that my brother, Paul, is terminally ill. In 2007, he and my dad started a project together to build a replica 1965 427 Cobra. Soon after that, my bro was diagnosed with more cancer. His car was nearly complete, but the effects of chemo, radiation, and numerous surgeries tapped his strength, and the car sat unfinished for some time. A few weeks ago, a team of friends and car building enthusiasts surprised Paul by finishing his Cobra for him. It was an amazing event and experience for our family and for Paul. I had the honor of photographing the finished car, and my brother. Here are just a couple for now. I'll post a few more this weekend. It's a beauty, isn't it?

cobra_01

cobra_02

7 comments:

Globetrekking Mom said...

I didn't know about your brother. I am sorry to hear he has going through all this. He will be in my prayers.

The car is hot!

Gary said...

I love that 2nd pic, Bev!
Truly Priceless!

Angela Fielding said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother.These pics turned out awesome

Kellie and Justin said...

I absolutely love the pic of paul and his wife in the cobra. it choked me up!

Jami said...

Hey Bev,
I have been in hiding- trying to get caught up. My computer crashed and I lost your email, email me at
jami@imagesbyjami.com I have photos from the laughing at cancer benefit- do you want to see them, I can get you a cd! Love the last pic of the two of them in the car.

when do you come back out? I want you to do some headshots of me on STeph's grey seamless.

thanks
jami

Bev Robison said...

Hi, Jami! I'll send you a mail.

Stephanie said...

this is such a GREAT picture!!!!