Tuesday 20 November 2007

Alien Santa Claus?

I had a fascinating conversation with my 5-year old, Marin, today that went something like this...

Marin: Santa Claus has to work very hard, doesn't he, Mom?

Mom: Yes, Marin. He has a lot of preparations to make before he can fly all around the work delivering gifts to all the good little children.

Marin: You mean, he brings toys to ALL the children from ALL over the world?

Mom: Yes, Marin.

Marin: Even aliens?

Mom: No, Marin. Aliens aren't from this world.

Marin: (with a quizzical look on her face) The aliens must not like Santa.

Mom: Why? Because he doesn't bring them gifts?

Marin: Yes. (long pause) There must be an alien Santa.

(I had to laugh out loud at this one.)

Marin: What's so funny?

Mom: Oh, nothing, honey. Mom's just trying to imagine what an alien Santa would look like.


So, there you have it. My 5 year-old believes in not only St. Nicholas, but also his alien counterpart! I love my kids. Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

mindy said...

alien santa huh? don't think I've ever thought about that one:)
I don't think I ever answered your question about where in Utah I'm from. I live in Lehi (Traverse Mountain) right now. Both my husband and I grew up in the Alpin/Highland area, so if you are ever visiting your family.. let me know. It would be so easy for us to get together:)