Saturday 13 September 2008

Totally addicted!


"Hi, my name is Bev Robison and I've been addicted to Stephanie Meyer's books for...well, as soon as I started reading them."

It's sick...truly sick. I picked up my first copy of Twilight on a whim as I was leaving the Chicago airport headed for Warsaw. Traveling overseas with 4 kids, I NEVER have time to read on the plane. But, while I was in Utah, I was completely shocked at how many of my friends, family, neighbors, random acquaintances insisted I needed to read this book. So, I bought it and (being the truly addicting book that it is) ignored my kids for half the flight to read it! Wow! Bad mom...bad mom.

So, 2 days ago I'm strolling through a mall in Warsaw shopping for my youngest daughter's birthday, when I pass the English bookstore. Right there in the window, they have every copy of Stephenie Meyer's book...in English! Of course, I picked up her 2nd book, New Moon. Lucky for me, I've been sick in bed for the last two days with a heinous sore throat and fever, with nothing to do but read this book (I know...it's disturbing. I did say I was lucky to be sick, didn't I?) And now, I've got nothing but vampires and werewolves on the brain. I looked out my window at the overcast skies this morning and thought "Ooh, perfect vampire weather." And when I hugged my husband this morning, I half expected him to feel cold. Weird, huh? I'm tempted to drag my sick body back to the mall today to buy book #3! Someone stop me!

9 comments:

Kara May said...

Oh I hope you feel better Bev :( I've not read these before... I may just have to check it out. Always love to find a really good book - especially one that you can't put down. :) Great post!

Anonymous said...

Hey there, Bev! Paul referred me to your work. Nice! We have a lot in common - I'm photog and I've been reading New Moon (cuz I just finished Twilight). I kid read all four of her books in a mere two weeks.

Anonymous said...

How the heck do you make corrections after you push that stupid "publish your comment" box?????

Hey there, Bev! Paul referred me to your work. Nice! We have a lot in common - I'm photog and I've been reading New Moon (cuz I just finished Twilight). My kid read all four of her books in a mere two weeks.

pauL said...

Admitting that you have a problem IS the first step.
pauL

pores j gig said...

cool, the red color is my faviourite.!


-dorota

kowgirl said...

i know by experience how addicting those books can be! and i got both my sisters addicted to them too. it'll be nice to see you again and have an aunt to talk to who knows just how great those books are!;D
kaylan
p.s. love the pics of our family.

Bev Robison said...

Hey, Kaylan! Just to update you, I've now finished all four books, plus the "sneak preview" of Book 5, which goes back to the beginning of Twilight, but in Edward's voice instead of Bella's....too cool!!! So, life has resumed here at my house now that mom has nothing left to read. Now, I just have to wait for the movie to come out and hope that it's not too disappointing! Happy Reading!

Danielle Thompson said...

Oh my gosh! I was cracking up reading this post. Last year I read this awesome vampire book....I cant remember the name of it...but I was obsessed with it. Every time my husband came close to me I wanted to bite his neck! I can't wait to get my hands on these books! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Aunt Bev,
I went to a 2:40am showing of twilight the day it came out. It's AMAZING! I also saw it Saturday with Ben & Hayley. I love it! And it's official... they're going to make New Moon too! When does it come out in Poland? Can't wait to see you!